Christmas cookies are a staple of the holiday season. They’re a fun activity to do with kids, a delicious treat for family gatherings, and a great way to show your friends and neighbors that you care.
Flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and any desired mix-ins such as chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, or candy pieces.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Any desired mix-ins such as chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, or candy pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease or line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until just blended.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten each cookie slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Calories: 83 kcal
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Protein: 1 g
Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 17 mg
Sodium: 73 mg
Potassium: 14 mg
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 4 g
Vitamin A: 140 IU
Calcium: 9 mg
Iron: 0.3 mg
What type of sugar is best for Christmas cookies?
Granulated sugar is the best type of sugar to use when baking Christmas cookies.
Can Christmas cookies be frozen?
Yes, Christmas cookies can be frozen for up to three months.
What is the best way to store Christmas cookies?
Christmas cookies should be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
How long do Christmas cookies last?
Christmas cookies can last for up to two weeks when stored in an airtight container.
What is the best way to decorate Christmas cookies?
The best way to decorate Christmas cookies is with icing and sprinkles.