Aloo tikki is a delicious and popular street food from North India. It is a crunchy, spiced potato patty that is served with chutneys and other accompaniments. This dish is also very popular in other parts of India and is a delicious snack for any occasion.
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Boil the potatoes until they are soft. Peel and mash them.
- In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, onions, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala, salt, and coriander leaves. Mix everything together and make a dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Shape each portion into a patty.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Place the patties in the hot oil and shallow fry them until they are golden brown. Flip them over and fry the other side.
- Serve the Aloo Tikki hot with chutneys and accompaniments.
One serving of Aloo Tikki (2 patties) provides approximately 160 calories, 6.5 grams of fat, 22.5 grams of carbohydrates, and 3.5 grams of protein.
Q1. How do I make the Aloo Tikki crispy?
To make the Aloo Tikki crispy, make sure the oil is hot before adding the patties to it. Also, use a heavy-bottomed pan to ensure even cooking.
Can I use any type of potatoes to make the Aloo Tikki
Yes, any type of potatoes can be used to make the Aloo Tikki.
Can I make the Aloo Tikki in an oven?
Yes, you can bake the Aloo Tikki in an oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Can I freeze the Aloo Tikki?
Yes, you can freeze the Aloo Tikki. To do so, cool them completely and wrap them in an airtight container.
How long can I store the Aloo Tikki?
The Aloo Tikki can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.